A three hour workshop for pregnant women and their birth partner/supporter.
“The birth went so well, I spent most of the Labour at home and managed to cope with the pain using just the breathing and positions we talked about. The massage you showed M really helped and I think he liked having something to do.”
Sunday afternoon 2.00-5.00pm.
The workshop covers:
- Creating Birth Intentions
- The Role of the Birth Partner
- The Stages of Labour (including how to manage contractions with postures, breathing and massage).
- Optimum positions for labour and birth.
- Advocacy – how and what to ask as pregnancy/labour progresses?
- Adapting to changes of plan
- Deep Relaxation and Visualisation (includes free MP3)
- Postnatal Recovery – early days, maternal wellbeing, breastfeeding, role of partner.
The cost is £50 per couple which includes a handout, massage oil and guided relaxation mp3 for use at home.
“Workshop was brill and really helpful. D says he found it interesting and above all relaxing!“
2019 Workshop Dates
- Sunday 17 February, 2.00-5.00pm
- Sunday 2 June, 2.00-5.00pm
- Sunday 1 September, 2.00-5.00pm
- Sunday 1 December, 2.00-5.00pm