A series of two workshops, each lasting two hours, for pregnant women and their birth partner/supporter. Ideally the workshop 1 would be taken at around 32 weeks pregnant and workshop 2 at around 36 weeks. However, they can be also be taken together as a one day or weekend retreat.
“The birth went so well, I spent most of the Labour at home and managed to cope with the pain using just the breathing and positions we talked about. The massage you showed M really helped and I think he liked having something to do.”
- Creating Birth Intentions
- The Role of the Birth Partner
- The Stages of Labour
- Postures, Breathing and Massage for each stage.
- Optimum positions for labour and birth.
- Deep Relaxation and Visualisation (with recording to take home)
- Third Trimester Wellbeing and Oxytocin Plan
- Revision of session 1 (and troubleshooting positions/massage)
- Advocacy – how and what to ask as pregnancy/labour progresses?
- Adapting to changes of plan
- The Fourth Trimester – early days, maternal wellbeing, breastfeeding, role of partner.
- Postnatal Recovery Yoga and Self Care Massage
The cost of each workshop is £75 per couple which includes handouts, massage oils and guided relaxation mp3 for use at home. There is a £15 discount for women enrolled on a pregnancy yoga course.
“Workshop was brill and really helpful. D says he found it interesting and above all relaxing!“